The easiest way to buy your HandyTicket is via the VVS app. You can download the “VVS Mobil” app from the AppStore or from Google Play free of charge. VVS tickets are also available via the app “DB Navigator”.
In this way, you can immediately buy your VVS ticket when you search for timetable information.
Note: The HandyTicket must be used immediately. Cancellation or exchange are not possible.
- Short-distance ticket
- Single ticket
- Day ticket (also as a StadtTicket)
- Group Day ticket (also as a StadtTicket)
- Weekly ticket
- Monthly ticket
- 9-o’clock monthly ticket
This is not technically possible at this point. Subscriptions are issued on the polygoCard.
VVS HandyTickets can be bought via the VVS app under “Tickets” – “Tickets kaufen” by entering the required number of fare zones. The journey must be started immediately. We advise you to remain logged in in the app after purchase and during the whole journey so that there are no problems with displaying your ticket in case of poor reception.
HandyTickets are not transferable because they are only valid in combination with an official identification document. However, you can buy additional HandyTickets for fellow passengers and present them in case of ticket checks.
Single Tickets that were bought via mobile phone are valid for three hours.
As any other ticket, the VVS HandyTicket has to be bought before you start your journey. This means that the purchase process must have been completed – not just begun – when you enter the vehicle, so that the ticket can be presented in the app immediately. Passengers are responsible for the proper functioning of their mobile devices. Please ensure the battery is sufficiently charged.
There are several ways to document which tickets you bought:
- You can take a screenshot of the HandyTicket
- Following every ticket purchase, you will receive a confirmation e-mail
- You can retrieve the purchasing history and a receipt for all purchases for any period of time you select in the customer portal:
- VVS tickets generally include 7 % value added tax. Invoices documenting the tax rate separately are not issued in public transport.