How to buy a ticket
- The fare depends on the number of zones required (including the zones of departure and arrival).
- Stops on borders between fare zones belong to the zone which has been travelled trough.
- No ticket is required for children under the age of 6, pushchairs, wheelchairs and hand luggage.
- Reduced fares for children from 6 to 14 years of age.
Buying Tickets Online
The following tickets may be purchased online via DB or SSB:
- Single tickets: Day Tickets, City Tickets
- Season tickets: Weekly Tickets, Monthly Tickets and StudiTickets
Tickets are valid on all forms of VVS transit. This includes S-Bahn, regional trains, the city railway and buses in the Stuttgart region.
You must have a valid ticket in order to use transit trains and buses. If you travel without a valid ticket, you will be fined 60 Euros. Travelling without a valid ticket may lead to charges filed against you. Children under the age of 6 travel free.
If you are travelling by bus, you can buy your ticket directly from the bus driver. If you are travelling by S-Bahn, regional train or the city railway, you can buy your ticket at the vending machine at the respective station. You can select a language by pressing the appropriate national flag.
If you are travelling within the city of Stuttgart, you will need a ticket for 1 zone.
If you intend to travel no more than three stops by bus or the city railway (or one stop by S-Bahn), you can also buy a short-trip ticket.
You can buy VVS tickets right on your mobile phone. Whether you're interested in single tickets (including short-trip) or day tickets – get your HandyTicket easily, conveniently and cashless on your mobile phone:
- Convenient and without the wait: The HandyTicket arrives within a few seconds
- Without cash and secure: Pay via direct debit, credit card or prepaid
- If you buy a single ticket by mobile phone, you get a better price than if you buy at a vending machine
You will receive the HandyTicket via the VVS app or the HandyTicket app.